Free resources for New Coaches, Returning Coaches and High Performance Coaches
3. Clear Communication
1. A coach who displays a caring personality towards your child.
2. A coach who is consistent and reliable.
3. A coach who engages with you and your child
4. A coach who is approachable and willing to answer questions
5. A coach who is a great role model and inspires
Membership, Meaning, and Mastery - Create the right sport environment
1. Be positive and encourage
2. Support all players on your team and the opposition if they do something well
3. Do not yell tactical instructions, it only leads to confusion
4. Have a set plan about your pre match routine agreed with your child?
5. Have a set plan about how you deal with the aftermath of a game?
6. Be consistent and positive with your messages and body language, win, lose or draw
Jerry is the Founder and Director of Way of Champions, and the author of "Win the Day", "Let Them Play", and more. He is a Practicing Sports Psychologist with collegiate and professional sports teams.