ITP Sport | Allison Forsyth
Allison Forsyth is a partner at ITP Sport and Recreation, an advocate of Safe Sport for athletes of all ages, and a 2-time Olympian in alpine skiing.
In this episode, we talk about Allison's journey from her commitment as a student athlete to her experiences in the Olympics, and what led her to the field of Safe Sport. She discusses how the perspective on abuse is shifting and what still needs improvement, as well as offering suggestions for organizations that want to implement a new system.
Find out more here: https://www.itpsport.ca/
Allison is a business leader focusing on the prevention and case management of maltreatment, who has worked with the federal government and the public sector to create a safer, high-performance system. With 12+ years of business development, operations, marketing, communications, and leadership experience, she is now a consultant and advisor to sports brands and organizations at all levels.
- 0:00 Intro
- 1:20 Growing up playing sports
- 3:45 "Over-specialization" vs. long-term development
- 6:10 Allison's skiing career and the Olympics
- 10:00 Her path to working in Safe Sport
- 18:25 Changes in the athletic world
- 23:50 Preventing harassment/abuse
- 30:10 Emotional and physical protection
- 33:00 Cyberbullying in sports
- 43:50 Business model and partners
- 47:20 The newest developments
- 50:10 Recommended approaches
- 55:40 Supervising young players
- 58:10 Where to find Allison
- 59:25 Outro
The interview featured on this episode of the Love What You Play podcast originally aired live on For the Love of the Game's Facebook page.