Make Movement Matter | Amber Pascual / Erin Crawford
This episode of the Love What You Play podcast features Amber Pascual and Erin Crawford, founders of Make Movement Matter, a physical literacy resource that works to make a positive change in students' lives. Amber and Erin discuss the importance of physical literacy, getting kids active, progression of skills and more.
Learn more about Make Movement Matter here: http://www.makemovementmatter.org/
Table of contents:
- 0:00 - Introductions.
- 1:30 - Growing up playing sports.
- 5:20 - Top 3 characteristics of great coaches.
- 12:00 - Why they founded ‘Make Movement Matter’.
- 21:30 - Sharing their story.
- 26:40 - Supporting different age groups.
- 29:00 - Delivering physical education.
- 35:50 - Volunteer coaching.
- 41:00 - What happened to free play?
- 48:50 - Book/resource recommendations.
- 50:10 - Conclusion.
The interview featured on this episode of the Love What You Play podcast originally debuted on the For the Love of the Game free Spring Virtual Summit 2020. To learn more about our upcoming summits and events with featured speakers, head to: https://www.fortheloveofthegame.ca/events