The Path to an NHL Hockey Career | Kris Beech
Kris Beech is a former NHL alumni, mindfulness facilitator, and the founder and CEO of Aimability.
In this episode, we talk about Kris’ journey in Hockey from being drafted 7th overall, playing in the NHL including playing on the same line with Mario Lemieux, then his pro experience in Europe and transition to completing a masters in Sports Management and how his thesis is now coming to fruition through the Aimability platform.
- 00:00 Introduction.
- 01:30 Where Kris grew up and what sports he played as a kid.
- 07:10 Kris’ path in hockey, getting drafted 7th overall in the NHL, and concerns with drafting kids very early.
- 17:14 How to manage expectations and mental health challenges when entering pro hockey.
- 19:46 Kris’ best NHL hockey career anecdotes with Michel Therrien, the Pittsburgh Penguins & Nashville.
- 22:26 Kris’ backstory with Shea Weber.
- 23:10 The back and forth of getting traded within the NHL.
- 28:47 Kris’ experience dealing with Major Depressive Disorder.
- 33:16 Playing with Pittsburgh, Sidney Crosby, and Kris’ chance of playing for the Stanley Cup.
- 36:00 The best coaches that Kris had.
- 38:40 How Kris’ Master’s thesis led to him founding the Aimability platform.
- 45:03 Aimability’s potential for global reach.
- 49:46 Outro.