Mental Fitness in Sports | Jason Podollan & Rob Pallante
Jason Podollan is a NHL Alumnus and the founder of Up My Hockey. Rob Pallante is a former NCAA Div 1 hockey player and the founder of Mindset Body Bank!
In this episode, we talk about Jason's story as an NHL player and how he has now harnessed his experiences to teach the modalities of mindset, nutrition, fitness, and high performance. Up My Hockey shows clients how to empower and rebrand themselves to directly impact those they care about most.
We will also discuss Rob's journey as a hockey player, his near-death motorcycle experience, and his professional business career, and how they all motivated him to become a mindset coach for high performance, conscious-minded athletes and individuals who are looking to develop an invincible mindset.
- 00:00 Intro
- 01:00 Rob’s origins as a Toronto hockey player and his draft pick experience.
- 03:00 Rob’s motorcycle accident and how that drove him to founding Mindset Body Bank.
- 05:30 Jason’s story being in the NHL and the mental toll of it.
- 08:50 Why Jason began the journey as a mentor.
- 10:00 Current early specialization in youth and Rob and Jason’s multisport experience.
- 13:30 The importance of free play in child development and the resurgence of it during COVID.
- 15:20 How Jason helps kids find and reconnect with what love about the game again.
- 18:00 Fear of failure in kids and parental pressure.
- 21:00 Growth mindset vs fixed mindset. Tips for success and growth in sports.
- 27:30 Naomi Osaka’s decision to pull out of the French open.
- 30:00 Definition of mental health and the line into clinical help.
- 34:30 Mental agility for athletes via the Up My Hockey Peak Potential Hockey Project with Jason Podollan.
- 38:00 Controlling your physical and mental state, offered through Mindset Body Bank, how to contact Rob.
- 41:00 How parents and coaches can support athletes best.
- 46:08 How the off-season/COVID is the perfect time to implement new mental techniques and perspectives before heading back into the game.
- 49:15 Mental fitness summit announcement.
- 51:00 Outro.